This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of REESE’S® Brand for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
College basketball is a pretty big deal around our house. It is a great excuse to hang out, get loud and eat sweets, like this amazing Salted Caramel Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Dribble & Drizzel Mix. How’s THAT for a name?
For most of our home games, my Todd is gifted with tickets to the game from his Dad. Todd has been going to home games most of his life. He now takes our oldest daughter, Teagan, who has also become quite the college basketball fan. For many of the games they meet up with Grandpa and uncles and cousins to eat out before the game, then go to the game as a family.
For away games that are shown on TV, I can always count on having our basement come alive with sports fans– my husband being the biggest one. He is one of the quietest, most introverted people you will ever meet, but when a college basketball game comes on, boy…he is LOUD! I am usually upstairs chuckling to myself whenever I hear him hooting’ and hollering. I love hearing my quiet man come alive.
I also love using our home for game viewing, as it gives me an excuse to get in the kitchen and make something sweet. Todd’s all-time favorite flavors are chocolate and peanut butter, so most of the desserts I make when I am stepping away from more healthful desserts, have that perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
My all time favorite flavors are salted caramel and chocolate, so this Salted Caramel Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Dribble & Drizzle hit the spot for both Todd and I. It is sinfully delicious. It will be my go-to snack mix, as it is a real crowd pleaser, easy to make, and makes a lot.
It was so very good that I am entering it in the REESE’S® Baking Bracket Challenge and I am asking YOU to vote for me! I was asked to compete with 32 other amazing Game Day Recipes. These recipes were put together with Mom’s in mind, to help create some chocolate peanut butter family fun on game day!
If you vote for me, your name will be entered in a daily $100 Walmart gift card drawing. Winner of the REESE’S® Baking Bracket Challenge receives $2,500! That my friends, would go a long way in helping us pay off a few medical bills, so please vote for me!!
On to this awesome recipe. All of the ingredients can be found at Walmart.
Salted Caramel Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Dribble & Drizzle Mix
8 cups chocolate Chex cereal
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cups, MINI size
1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces Candy
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup caramel bits (found by the chocolate chips in the baking aisle–or chop up regular caramels)
1-3 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup milk chocolate baking chips
1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1. Into large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
2. In a 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on high 1-2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour caramel mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into bite-sized pieces.
3. Make sure Chex mixture is cool to the touch (so candy doesn’t melt.) Evenly sprinkle mini peanut butter cup candy and miniature marshmallows over Chex mixture.
4. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave caramel baking bits and cream uncovered on high about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over snack.
5. Microwave the milk chocolate baking chips next, starting with 20-seconds and stirring, then at 20 second intervals until the mixture is completely smooth (microwave temps vary, so watch the chocolate and stir frequently until it’s of drizzling consistency.) Drizzle over the snack mixture. Then microwave the white baking chips in 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Add heavy cream if needed for drizzle consistency. Drizzle that over the snack mixture. Quickly sprinkle coarse salt over all while candy drizzles are still wet.
6. Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container.
Again, don’t forget to vote for my recipe by visiting the REESE’S® Baking Bracket Challenge!
True AgapeMarch 15, 2014 at 2:00 pm
This prego lady for sure would take some of that! Even right now first thing in the morning! It looks wonderful 🙂