Goal – February 2013
- Making sure it is always picked up.
- Vacuuming once a week.
- Getting rid of the NordicTrack exercise equipment that is broken and hasn’t been used in years.
- Getting rid of our old big screen TV taking up space in the back corner of the basement.
- Getting rid of my copy machine taking up space in the back corner of the basement.
- Organizing the back corner of the basement currently filled with various random items.
And she has done a darn good job. I love being at home. Our girls love being at home. We are all home bodies. And a primary reason we love being home is the comfortable atmosphere Amy has worked so hard to create.
I know it drives Amy crazy to walk down the stairs and see my stuff strewn all over the basement table and floor. In thirty seconds I can turn the space she worked so hard to organize into a disaster area.
So it is time for me to step up and take responsibility for keeping the basement picked up. I spend the most time there. I have turned the basement into my personal man-cave.
I know I’m not up to tackling this project all at once so I broke it into several smaller goals that are more achievable.
I’m also not committing yet to a specific starting date. At this point I am only committing this goal to paper. But committing it to paper is a significant step as it will greet me each week until I act on it.
“I felt so touched reading this post. I noticed the basement had been looking very picked up the last few weeks. I also would feel almost giddy when I would hear the vacuum in the basement running, knowing my man was vacuuming (there is NOTHING like a man who vacuums!). To know he has more goals set in the area of serving me as his wife makes me feel very loved and thankful. It also motivates me to check myself and think about how it is that I am purposefully serving him.”