I read…a lot. I’ve read A TON of health books, so much so that my husband just shakes his head and chuckles every time I bring a new one home from the library. Over the last few years, my mind has been able to sort through all the information that I have gathered, and I’ve gradually come to a point where I was am no longer paralyzed by the information, but at peace and comfortable with the conclusions I have come to and what I believe about food.
I love feeding my family. There is a lot of responsibility when it comes to being the “feeder.” I am the one who makes the list, buys the groceries and cooks the food. I know my decisions will affect the ones I consider most dear in this world in big ways, not only in their health right now, but also their future health and even the health of my children’s children.
I have wanted to share with you what I have come to embrace when it comes to healthful eating, but boy, it has been a struggle to know even where to start, especially when I am fairly new at this whole thing myself. Thankfully, I have found some amazing women bloggers who think like I think, who jived with the books I jive with, and who have been doing this much longer than I have. I will share with you the changes that we have made in our eating habits, and then give you links to these blogs whose thoughts, words, and ideas mirror mine, and who have done a great job of articulating them, much better than I ever could. Many will come from this blog…
- She is hi-lar-i-ous.
- She is wise.
- She is Godly.
- She lives in NEBRASKA!
- She cares deeply for her family and their health.
- She likes mason jars as much as I do.
- She has great recipes that do not take a million ingredients.
- She has recipes that I make and love, then
steal for share on my own blog. *see pretzels and popcorn chicken, and soon…brownies!
- She believes what I believe when it comes to food,(and most other things, as well).
- She has done a Getting Real With Food series, which gave me such a relief when I read through it. It is so well done (and says many of the things I want to say but instead, I just sit and stare at my computer screen with furrowed eyebrows whenever I try) that I will be constantly linking my series with hers.
So click here
, and read this post that she begins with “I DON’T KNOW EVERYTHING,” and pretend I am sitting next to you whispering excitedly, “ditto” and “I agree!” and “my thoughts exactly!” after each point she makes. Then, if you like what she is saying, feel free to leave her a comment letting her know you do–bloggers love comments, they keep us going!