Green tea has been cited to be beneficial when it comes to all kinds of disease, from heart disease to Alzheimer’s, to many types of cancers. Read more on the benefits of green tea, at the World’s Healthiest Foods website.
Iced Tangerine Mint Green Tea
~4 organic green tea bags
~1/2 tangerine, sliced
~fresh mint leaves
~honey to taste
~water, just boiling
While water is heating, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Here is what I do:
~get out 2, 32 oz mason jars
~fill one with 2 cups of ice
~unwrap 4 green tea bags and put in the second jar
~rinse mint leaves
My electric kettle in the above picture is one of my most favorite and well used kitchen appliances. It heats water to a boil in minutes, and keeps the water hot for a long while. In the winter, I will press the button throughout the day to keep hot water ready at all times for tea or hot chocolate.
Mine is the Hamilton Beach 10 Cup Kettle. I love it!
Pour hot water over the tea bags, fill the 32 ounce jar to the top.
Steep according to package directions, usually 3-4 minutes for green tea.
I use a slotted spoon and a regular spoon to squeeze every bit of goodness out of those green tea bags.
Add honey to taste while tea is still hot, honey will dissolve much better in hot tea.
Add mint and tangerine slices to jar of ice.
The mint is very subtle in this, but if you are not a mint lover, you can skip it.
Let the tea cool a few minutes, then pour over the ice in the prepared mason jar.
Store the remaining tea in the refrigerator to
refill and drink over ice throughout the day.
So refreshing! Enjoy!
**Tea lovers, check out this recipe for Easy Iced Tea Concentrate In A Mason Jar
- Dr. Oz’s Tangerine Weight-Orade Recipe
- For a powerful metabolism-boosting drink, try Dr. Oz’s Tangerine Weight-Orade. It contains: green tea, shown to boost metabolism 12% by drinking just one cup; tangerine, with a chemical composition that increases sensitivity to insulin and stimulates genes that help to burn fat; and mint, a calorie-free flavor enhancer.
- In a large pitcher, combine:
- 8 cups of brewed green tea
- 1 tangerine, sliced
- A handful of mint leaves
- Stir this delicious concoction up at night so all the flavors fuse together. Drink 1 pitcher daily for maximum metabolism-boosting results.