This month’s dish is going to be super easy and super delicious. For those of you with dairy allergies, the pesto is 100% vegan, and this dish is naturally gluten free! It tastes great paired with some cooked greens, sweet potato fries, or roasted vegetables. Any way you pair it, this chicken is a dish that will keep your family coming back for seconds!!
Gluten Free Pesto Chicken
– 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
– 1 TBS olive oil
– generous 3/4 cup, chopped sun dried tomatoes
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed – 6 TBS sunflower seeds
– 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
To make the red pesto, put the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, 4 TBS sunflower seeds and oil into a food processor and process into a coarse paste.
2. Arrange the chicken in a large, ovenproof dish or roasting pan. Brush each breast with the oil, then place a heaping TBS of red pesto over each breast. (The pesto recipe will make more than you will need for the chicken, so you will have some left over!)
3. Roast the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the tender and the juices run clear when skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.