You will never have to buy over-priced, way-too-much-salt, sometimes ‘msg added’ taco seasoning packets again! This taco seasoning mix is so easy to make and tastes really great! I feel it gives a much richer, “homemade” flavor to every recipe I use it in. I have used to season ground beef for tacos, nachos, & taco pizza. I have used it to season refried beans, and to season lentils for vegetarian tacos. You can even use it to season chicken.
Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
Here is the recipe quadrupled, to make a large batch. Store in a mason jar. 🙂
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon black pepper
~Use 3 teaspoons (more if want stronger flavor) per pound of meat. Add 2/3 cup water and simmer down until water is absorbed.
~If you prefer, you could sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of flour to help thicken sauce. I find this is not necessary.
~Adjust salt and red pepper flakes to your taste. I usually use a bit less of both.
~You could make a large batch and give away in small mason jars as a thoughtful gift.
~Buying seasonings in bulk is the way to go! Amazon has some great deals, like McCormick Gourmet Collection Chili Powder.
Use the above link and I will receive a small percentage of what you spend. Thanks!!
Taco Pizza No Recipe, Recipe
Premade pizza crust (we use premade dough from Trader Joes)
Pizza Sauce (we also get from Trader Joes)
Ground Beef Seasoned with Taco Seasoning Mix (or beans or lentils)
Lettuce (we use spinach)
Taco Sauce or Salsa
Corn Chips, crumbled
Top pizza crust with sauce, add cheese and meat (or beans). Bake according to pizza crust directions. Cool slightly. Add toppings you prefer and serve with taco sauce or salsa!