I have found a spiritual mentor in blogosphere. Her name is Ann Voskamp and her blog is called “Holy Experience.” I have talked about her here, and continue to be a huge fan. The way she writes and experiences God just hits a chord with me. I feel she is able to put on paper emotions, feelings and thoughts I have but can’t express. She expresses her heart beautifully, I just jive with her! I am so thankful to have found her and can learn from her.
- It is a place that says “God, I want to meet with you”
- It is a place that allows me to stop and kneel for sixty seconds in the midst of busy life.
- It is a place that draws me to sit and stay, to meditate, journal, read and pray.
It is also place where others have been…
John Piper writes…
“…when we bought our first home, I built a prayer bench with a place for my elbows in a kneeling posture, and a place for my bible to lie, and a shelf underneath for the Bible or other books and a notepad… There the prayer bench welcomes me every morning and several times during the day. God alone knows the tears and songs that have mingled there. I urge you to think creatively.
Seriously consider building a place of prayer…”
- A bench we have had sitting in our sunroom.
- A basket given to me by my mom for Christmas.
- A candle and matches.
- Books, Bible and journal.
- Pens and highlighter.
- Rocks that remind me to “remember the works of the Lord.”
- A pillow given to me from a friend.
And now I have a simple meeting place- A prayer bench.